The Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library & the Hopkinsville Post Office also accept Passport Applications.

Passport Books

When applying for a passport each person applying must show up in person, even children.  The Passport office is located on the main floor of the Christian County Courthouse in Room 15.

Passports are required for all children from birth.  When applying for a minor 15 years of age and younger BOTH parents or legal guardians, with the correct paperwork (court order showing you are the legal guardian of that child and/or children, if you are not the parents) must be present.  If for any reason a parent or guardian can not be present to sign the application there is a form, DS-3053, that the absent parent can sign and have notarized with a copy of the front and back of the absent parents drivers license.  If a parent has sole custody of a child applying they will need to bring in divorce papers stating they have sole custody or a certified birth certificate with the applying parents name only.  For minors 16 & 17 years of age one parent or legal guardian must be present.  Children must be present when applying for a passport.

Passport Applications can be picked up in our office or for quicker results, fill out form DS-11 online and print it off.  If you would rather download and print the application to fill out  by hand click  DS-11.

Applications must be filled out in BLACK INK!!  Once you have your application filled out, WITHOUT SIGNING THE APPLICATION, you will need to bring it to our office along with the following:
  • Certified Birth Certificate, with a raised seal, from the state in which you were born, an old passport or ORIGINAL naturalization papers.  BIRTH RECORDS FROM THE HOSPITAL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!
  • 2 Identical 2"x 2" Color Photographs.  These can be purchased at Walgreens, Wal-Mart, or Rite-Aide.
  • Copy of Each Applicants Kentucky Driver's License, Passport or Government Picture ID, such as a Military ID (front & back on same sheet of paper).  If a parent is signing for a minor we will need copies of their ID's as well.
  • Applicable Fees
  • Any additional forms such as DS-3053 for an absent parent,  DS-64 if your previous passport was lost or stolen, or name change order or certified copy of your marriage license if your name has changed from what is on your previous passport.

Fees for Passport Book

16 years & older

15 years & younger

Regular Service

Regular Service



Expedited Service

Expedited Service



This fee must be a CHECK or MONEY ORDER (NO CASH, CREDIT, OR DEBIT CARDS)  Payable to the US Dept of State.

*There is also a separate fee of $35.00 processing fee payable to the Christian County Clerk's Office.  This fee can be Cash, Check, or Money Order.
*This also applies for the Passport Card.

Passport Cards

Passport Cards are a US Passport issued in card format.  Like the traditional Passport Book it reflects the bearer's origin, identity, and nationality and is subject to existing passport laws and regulations.  UNLIKE the Passport Book, the Passport Card is ONLY for international travel by LAND or SEA between the UNITED STATES, CANADA, MEXICO, THE CARIBBEAN, AND BERMUDA.  It is NOT globally interoperable and is NOT valid for travel by AIR TO OR FROM ANY FOREIGN DESTINATION.

The application for the Passport card is the same as the one for the book.  Once the application is filled out bring it to our office with the SAME PAPERWORK as you would bring for the book.

Fees for Passport Card

16 years & older

16 years & younger

Regular Service

Regular Service



Expedited Service

Expedited Service



This must be a CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (NO CASH, CREDIT OR DEBIT CARDS) payable to the US Dept of State.

Passport Processing Times

  • Regular Mail- Approximately 14  weeks from the time from the day a passport is submitted to the day a new passport is received.
  • Expedited Service-Approximately 10  weeks from the day a passport is submitted to the day a new passport is received.
  • US Passport Cards cannot be delivered to customers using Overnight Delivery Service.

*Mail delays are impacting when we receive passport applications for processing. Our processing times begin the day we receive an application, not the day it is mailed.  For more information on process times please visit

Renewing Passport

To renew your passport book and/or card you will need to fill out application DS-82, which can be picked up in our office or downloaded at

Once you have completed the application you will mail it to the address on the application along with a new picture, your old passport, if changing a name a court order must be mailed also, and the applicable fee ($110).

The following statements must apply to you before you can renew thru the mail.  
Your most recent passport:
  • is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
  • was issued when you were at least 16 years old.
  • was issued  less than 15 years ago.
  • was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change.
If you answered NO to ANY of the statements above, you must apply in our office in person.

Should you have any other questions concerning Passports, please contact the Christian County Clerk's Office at 270-887-4107 or the National Passport Information Center (NPIC) toll free at 1-877-487-2778.